Friday, April 11, 2008

Defeeted

I'm sure you've had this happen...or at least something similar. We were driving through a neighborhood and this little white dog (Pomeranian, maybe?) started running after our car. He chased us for a way and finally stopped. Within minutes my son called and wanted to know if we were home. No. He said he just saw a dog (golden retriever) that looked like Gipper out running around near our neighborhood and wanted to check to see if Gipper was in our yard. It wasn't Gip, but it did seem coincidental, don't you think?

Well, things like this have been happening lately. Maybe I'm just conscious of them.

Take feet for instance. How often do you think about feet? You probably talk about feet even less often than think about them. Ok, I think about feet fairly often. Not foot fetish often, but sometimes. I appreciate my feet. Ugly feet freak me out. Exposing your feet is so completely optional. Faces are out there. You can't hide your face....or even your hands for the most part. But you NEVER have to expose your feet to the world. Not really. You can always wear full coverage shoes. Many feet-exposing, sandal wearing people should take a hint here. But back to thoughts on feet.

I like my feet. They look ok. Nice even toes. No bunions, corns or callouses. They work well for me. I like shoes. I like to buy shoes. They adorn my feet.

I went to see my doctor the other day. Someone asked me the name of my doctor. When I said his name, they said, "Oh, he's the one who lost one of his feet." HUH? Feet are not easy to lose. Keys are easy to lose, but feet are normally firmly attached. They said it was in the paper. I still think that it is not true. I've been going to see him for years and years and never saw him limp. The next time I go, I'll ask to see his feet. I mention this because feet are not often the subject of discussion.

I was talking to someone else that same day or the day after. They mentioned "feet." Then, someone else brought up the subject. No big deal, just struck me as odd.

So, now I'm thinking about feet. I like my feet to be touched. I like to get pedicures. But so seldom does anyone touch my feet unless I pay them (pedicure) to do so. Come to think about it, I seldom touch anyone's feet....like almost never--ever! That's rather intimate, don't you think? To touch someone's feet? Have you noticed that we love to touch baby feet (this little piggy went to market) but once a child can tie his own shoes, we pretty much give up feet-touching. And that's ok.

Every once in a while, I could just use a good foot massage. Yeah. That would be good.

No comments:

free web stat