Thursday, May 1, 2008

Puerto Vallerta Vacation


I decided one morning on vacation that I would go for my walk before it got too hot. (Too late. It was already as hot as hell's kitchen.) So I decided to go only three miles instead of my usual five on that morning and finish off the other two that evening when it would be cooler. So while walking, I noticed that the sand on the western coast of Mexico is much courser than Caribbean sand; and brown, not white, fine and beautiful like the sands of the islands. Also, the water was brown to match the sand, (not a gorgeous turquoise) but I was in my thankful mood and noticed the beautiful sparkles all through the sand. Also, I figured this was a great exfoliant. right? After about a mile, I noticed that my big toes were feeling a bit raw, but kept going, because I must meet my stated goals--driven as I am. When I got to a mile and a half (ok, there are no mile markers, but based on the time it had taken me, I judged it to be so--and if I got it wrong, who´s to question it?) I stopped and rinsed the sand off my feet. I now believe those sparkly bits of sand to be ground glass...figuratively speaking. I had blisters the size of dimes on both big toes. Now, my problem was that I had to walk the mile and a half back over the same treacherous ground glass I had just traveled. Try walking this distance holding up both big toes. Thankfully, when I got back to the hotel, the blisters were only about the size of quarters and fully intact. I decided that the next day, I would sacrifice, not my walking, but my cute Sketchers shoes. I can always buy new shoes.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love the pictures! Especially the hot bathing suit one :)

free web stat