Thursday, May 22, 2008

Parachute Angels

It’s been a week—just over a week. A full week since I jumped out of the plane. A full week since I realized I didn’t have a parachute. No safety net. No plan. Guess what! No pain. No anxiety. No regrets. Not one.

My mom is a praying woman. Is there anything you need? Ask my mom. She’ll pray for you. She has always prayed for me. I turn to her and ask her to pray for me during my difficult times. And my trials have always, always improved. Every single time. I had some bad days; Mom prayed and my days got better. I called to tell her so she would not worry. (I know, you’re not supposed to worry if you pray about it, but that only counts when it’s not your daughter.) Within the next few days, the situation fell apart again. I called Mom. “Well, you said things were better, so I quit praying.” “Well, can you start again?!?” “I’m going to pray that you will be surrounded by angels.” “Great. Just don’t send them away for a while, ok?”

Then the day came and I jumped out of that plane. No parachute. No safety net. No flight plan. I just jumped. Sure enough, the angels were there. My family, my friends. From the very first person I called, not one has said, “What? Are you crazy? Who does something like that?” Without exception, they have encouraged me. “I’m proud of you.” “I’m %@$# proud of you!” (Yes, angels say those words. I heard them.) “You’ve done the right thing!” They have listened. They have encouraged. They have counseled. But more than anything, they caught me before I hit the ground. These angels surrounded me and gave me a soft landing on solid ground.

Mom must still be praying because you are still here.

Never thought of yourself as an angel? Think again! And a gazillion thanks to my parachute angels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to be considered one of your angels.

free web stat