Friday, May 16, 2008

Funny Thing Happened

My kids think I should write happy, funny stuff on my blog. I think I do—well, with a few exceptions. I think the one about being Dairy Day Princess is hilarious. I laugh out loud every time I read it. That is one of my funniest memories of all times. My kids read it sadly. They felt bad for me. Are you kidding? Lighten up, kids. I get tears of laughter just thinking about it. And the one about poison ivy? What was I thinking?

We have the funniest family I have ever been around. Read their blogs and websites. Are we funny or what?

I remember when Jason was four. Mom and I were talking about how Becky “has her dad’s nose.” Jason looked at us so strangely. He was trying to figure out what Becky’s dad must look like if she had his nose. He had never seen anyone without a nose!

Jeremy was around seven when he dropped something in church. It went just under the pew we were sitting on. He leaned over to get it, lost his balance and was literally stuck with his butt straight up in the air. He could move neither his shoulders nor his legs to free himself. People around us tried so hard to keep a straight face, but ended up laughing out loud. The rest of the congregation thought they’d missed a punch line in the sermon.

Poor Sara. She never had a chance around the boys. While Jason was her protector, Jeremy was her tormentor. (Sorry, Jer, but you know it’s true.) Jeremy came in after working with a roofing crew one hot summer day. He told Sara that when he was away at college, he had learned that vinegar is the best natural deodorant there was. That it worked much better than commercial brands. He said, “Seriously, I used it this morning. Smell my pits.” She did. Poor thing!

Even in the tough times, we joke about things. That’s our way of coping. We don’t mope (much). We don’t whine (much). We don’t even complain—OK, we do complain. But we laugh a lot. We laugh at jokes that aren’t all that funny. We laugh at memories. We laugh at each other. They laugh at me. I guess that’s why we still like to hang out as a family. We think we are the funniest, greatest people in the whole world. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you make me laugh out loud

free web stat