Friday, October 10, 2008

Confessions of an Overachiever

Perhaps there are some things that are better left unsaid. Perhaps there are secrets better left in secret. Perhaps you don't really need to know all these things about me. Perhaps I risk losing your confidence, your respect--even your love. Step back. Once I pull the plug, who knows what will bubble over! But here goes:


  1. I drink my Diet Coke straight from the can. Sometimes I wipe off the top first!

  2. My favorite meal is fried potatos, pinto beans and cornbread. It's true.

  3. There are days I'm depressed and don't even want to get out of bed.

  4. I sometimes get grumpy--even though my name is Joy.

  5. I enjoy watching the TV Guide channel--the one where some mindless drivel is going on on the top of the screen while endless listings roll through below.

  6. I don't do my laundry until my undies drawer is empty.

  7. I work unbelievable hours.

  8. My biggest fear (yes, more than snakes even) is failure.

  9. I care what you think of me.

  10. My other favorite food is cake.

  11. I consider corn chips a vegetable.

  12. I need constant affirmation. (Hint! Hint!)

  13. I miss Paula. It's been a year now.

  14. I have watched the same episode reruns of House as many as four times hoping they'll figure it out quicker this time.

  15. Sometimes I just need to whine and I need someone to listen.

  16. I love attention.

  17. I enjoy seeing myself on TV, in magazines, and in the newspaper.
  18. I have 81 pairs of shoes. 47 of them are black.
  19. I enjoy reading Sara's blog almost more than my own. Sara's Blog Here
  20. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and drink milk straight from the jug. (Don't tell Tag. He'd die!)

That's it. Wow! I feel better now. Still love me?


4 comments:

Sara said...

Yep! I'm just glad you finally admitted to what the rest of us already knew. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, We still love you just the way you are.

Anonymous said...

I love your "true confessions"...just when we thought you were "perfect"! I also looked at Sara's blog. Obviously, she visited my homeland, the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Butchart Gardens is a fairly short drive, followed by a beautiful 90 minute ferry ride from our home which takes you to Victoria British Columbia in Canada. It is a splendid destination we have visited on a number of times because it's sort of a "close-by" attraction that feels like a completely different culture.

Keep sharing. Your blogs are the best, Joy!

Shari Wilson said...

OMG ! You rock ! This is great..I started laughing about halfway and then couldn't stop. Not right, lady.

Also, wanted to let you know your fashion blog is in the Fall edition of Kiss Magazine, available throughout the Peninsula for Free.. Try Aroma's Gold Gym Style by Design Don's BBQ Lane Bryant Daily Shake Grey Goose Phoebus Coffee House Applebee's to just name a few.

free web stat