Friday, October 3, 2008

The Slippery Slope

I'd have to say there's a chance that I'm pretty vain.

When I was young, a mentor told me that if I did get married someday, I should get up every morning and put on my make-up, fix my hair and get dressed for my family. After all, why should we go to all that trouble for other people and not for the ones we love most?

For all these twenty (or so) years, I've lived by that advice. Whether I was staying home doing laundry, going to the grocery store, to work, or an important event, I've tried to make the best of what the good Lord gave me. It's not always easy.

When I made the big decision to work from home, I determined that I would treat my business like a public job. After all, I'm a very professional woman in a very professional field. So I kept up my daily routine -- jumping cheerfully out of bed and into the shower. I grab a cup of coffee and slowly savor the warmth and aroma as the caffeine spreads through my veins and into my brain, waking up my mind and clearing my blurry vision. Then back to my vanity (ah-ha! that's why they call it that) to put on my make up and blow dry, then iron, my frizzy hair. I take the few steps to my overcrowded closet and make the day's clothing choice of 'dress to impress.' Being dressed for the day, I then seat myself behind my executive desk and am ready to start my day at the customary 9 o'clock.

This routine continued for two days...more or less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PJs are comfortable for that!!

free web stat